It’s joining Webshots. Now, don’t know about Webshots? I didn’t either until recently. But Webshots has 23 million members (Flickr has less than a million). and they get 750,000 uploads a day. More uploads in five days than Flickr has had in all of its existence. And HeyPix’s team is going to add on some killer new technology to Webshots, James tells me. (He showed me his app at a geek dinner earlier in the year and we’ve kept in touch since then).
第二張是在 alexa.com 的排名：
可以看得出來 Flickr 的成長。
- Webshots 不支援 UTF-8 (我看了一下，是 ISO-8859-1)，於是我上傳的註解都必須用英文寫…
- 免費帳號只能上傳 240 張 (努力傳滿 XD)，與 Flickr 是限制每個月只能上傳 10MB 不同。
- 每個 album 只能上傳 100 張，Flickr 不知道有沒有這個限制。
- Flickr 的頁面沒有廣告，上傳人可以在照片上加註解 (Add Note)，而且所有的人都可以加 comments。
- 最重要的是 Flickr 有 Open API 給大家惡搞…
As for why Flickr is growing so much faster than any other photo sharing service on the Web, I’m not the most qualified person to answer that… but I’m fairly sure it goes back to something I wrote a couple of weeks ago:
Open API Web services + open data repositories = Web ecosystems
Flickr is an ecosystem. Is Webshots? Is Ofoto? Is Shutterfly?